Welcome to the Marin Yacht Club, the friendliest harbor on the bay. We welcome prospective members to visit, meet our members and staff, and learn more about the club. If you are interested in membership download the membership application and contact us through the membership chair or the commodore to schedule a visit.
- Ideally located in Marin county
- Rich history and heritage
- Strong, active membership
- Perfect family club for yachting and/or social activities
- The best docks and harbor in the San Francisco bay area
- Great cruising and sailing program
- Tennis program with full time teaching professional
- Member of PICYA, with reciprocal privileges at other clubs
The Marin Yacht Club provides a wonderful opportunity to partake in the camaraderie of other yachtsmen who love the water, boating and desire to share in our Club’s activities and heritage. With a diverse, energetic membership, the Marin Yacht Club offers excellent boating facilities, a clubhouse with restaurant and bar, a recreational facility with an outdoor tennis courts, pool, lockers, exercise room and an exciting calendar of cruising, tennis and social programs.
First Rate Harbor, Docks and Amenities
Members may purchase or rent berths for yachts from 36 feet up to 80 feet which feature all-concrete docks and pilings. Facilities include water, power and free cable TV services. Dry storage is available for smaller boats. And there is ample overnight parking for overnight adventures.
The marina is located in a private, gated and secure harbor with a full-time harbormaster on the premises. We have better weather conditions than most San Francisco Bay area harbors and our docks are well protected. To add to it, the setting is second to none, with the San Francisco Bay on one side and views of Mt. Tamalpais on the other. Marin Yacht Club is ideally located with immediate access for Bay and Delta cruising, fishing and sailing and of course the club is just off Highway 101.
Lots of Activities & Events
There is always something fun happening at the club, on the water, or at our recreational facility. And all facilities are available to members for entertaining family, friends and business associates.
- Bay, delta, ocean and international cruises
- Annual captain fast sailing regatta
- Outstanding youth sailing program
- Weekend dinners and Sunday buffet
- Monthly events
- Annual Classic Car/Boat Show
- Theme parties
- Commodore’s ball
- Holiday lighted boat parade
- Ladies day events
- Group trips and tours